Monday, June 22, 2009

Random Conversation - Part 3

"I am ready", Anwesha said with sarcasm and hopeless mood in her voice.

"Ready for what, for the blood test", I asked calmly (Anwesha is supposed to go for some routine generic blood test that morning)

"Yes, they will puncture my body and take away my blood", sob .. sob ..

"Its fine, its for your own good only, you need to take the test na", I explained with soberness in my voice.

"Yeah, yeah, its easy to advise, but I have only to face the doctor", she retorted with full energy.

"Ok, ok, you go now, its getting late, you are supposed to give blood twice right, once before eating and once after eating, you have taken the food right", I tried to remind everything.

Anwesha and her husband started for the hospital.

For our readers' knowledge, Anwesha does little bit of knowing nuisance while going for these medical tests. (Its not that she does not want to take, in fact she is the one who decides to take the tests herself, but the knowing nuisance is just part of the package. I was doing bigger nuisances when I was young, may be now also I will do too, so I will not blame her as such :) )

... ... ...

"You came back so early, all test done so fast?", I asked

"No, not all tests, I need to give 2nd sample of blood after 2 hours of eating only", Anwesha said

"Oh, you did not confirm that with the doctor before you start, you unnecessarily took packed breakfast", I did mild shouting.

"As if you know everything, you could have helped me right, you could have asked right, men are hopeless", came the prompt reply.

"True? well may be partially", I thought, kept my mouth shut instead of arguing.

... ...

"So, you did not get nervous while giving blood", I asked

"Actually I was about to faint when the nurse started taking a full syringe of blood, at least normally I feel little dizzy, but she was taking the blood so slowly as if every molecule was being extracted from my body with effort equivalent to the gravitational force of some legendary planet like Jupiter, so I got really bored and let her finish at her own pace", Anwesha said with full of enthusiasm.

"So someone bored you off while taking away blood too, very bad" .. laughter .. laughter ..

... ... ...

"This breakfast has gone bad, Dosa, chutney everything has been mixed, I can't eat this", Anwesha was shouting.

"What will happen, they will anyway get mixed in your stomach", me and Anwesha's husband were trying to explain.

She gave us a you-know-nothing look and retorted back, "yeah, you eat like this, why do you need to even cook, just eat the raw material, you hopeless morons are good for nothing"

Somehow the phase passed by with she finally consuming some juices and milkshakes.

... ... ... 2 hours gone ... Time for Anwesha to start again ... for the post breakfast blood test

I was cooking in the kitchen, I heard the sobbing again ..

"Ok, Anwesha is going, thats why she is sobbing again", I thought.

"You potato brother, hopeless, will not come to see why I am crying, you guys never bother", I heard her shouting.

"Well, well, we know you are leaving for the test and thats why you are sobbing, I was busy in kitchen work right", I told calmly while hurrying from kitchen.

"yeah, yeah, you will ignore always, you will never come even if anything happens to me", she complained knowingly that it is absolutely false complain.

"Ok, I am going" ..

... ... ...

Anwesha came back after an hour or so.

"They damaged both of my hands", she was showing the mark in her hand where blood has been taken from vein.

"Why the hell they need to take syringes of blood for general tests", she was asking with anger.

"I don't know, may be they are storing the extra blood in their blood bank", I gave a seemingly non-plausible explanation.

"Whatever effort you had put to gain some blood, you just donated to the nurse, full two syringes just like that, now you need to eat again more to gain that blood", I told comically hoping that will lighten the moment.

"You don't know how to joke too, I am going to hit you nicely if you give insensitive comment like that gain", she retorted back with anger and sadness.

I know she never liked those tests, but needed to do as part of health checkup, she was sad about that.. And I gathered myself and tried to console her rather than giving quirky remarks.
"After all my blog contents will be dried up if she becomes sad."

So finally, after some consoling she is back to form and we are arguing again in full flow .. .. :) :)

No comments: