Sunday, May 17, 2009

A cup of coffee

"Why the hell you need to take another coffee now?" Shouted Anwesha at one of our friend. Poor guy having worked so hard whole day desperately wanted to have some caffeine in his blood to counter fight his dizziness. But she won't listen. Started shouting in a low mumbled irritated voice in her mother tongue.

We were at the Bengalooru railway station see off Anwesha and her husband. It rained a bit in the evening and the cool breeze of post rain weather was soothing and chilly. Anwesha tried to keep on proving her point that "another coffee should not be taken the same day at that late night". I exclaimed with my casual tone "Its fine, one more coffee would not harm that much, and anyway you are going now right, so he can have a coffee when we are going back".

She retorted with full voice, "yeah, yeah, you give him ideas, you people will not try to listen nor try to change, you yourself has become like a potato already, what else is remaining". For our reader's information, I have gained a few extra pounds and so also our friend has. But Anwesha seems to be pretty much strict about our food habits. She is right in a sense though, but its tough to give up your old habits.

I told "Well, a cup of coffee can do a lot of good things too, it can energize your body, mind and soul. (well not soul probably). I started calling a coffee boy who was taking coffee to sell in train".

"He was at least opting for a small coffee, now these cups are twice the size and you want him to drink double the amount of coffee? You guys are simply hopeless", she snapped at me. "Do you realize how much harm it can do? and you, it will energize your body and mind so that you will be awake whole night, go go, why one take 2", I got some mild shouting.

I was still trying to prove my point in vain that one coffee should be fine. The coffee argument went on till the train started. I will leave the decision to our readers whether taking a coffee at night time is fine or not.

But me and my friend came back from station, on the way back my friend took a cup of coffee defying the future shouting of Anwesha and also we discussed profusely how our coffee habits developed.

P.S. I am not going to describe what Anwesha said when she knew that we ignored her warnings and took coffee. That is a secret. You can guess the reaction of her or action whatever you can think of.

No comments: